Right, I'm going to be a bit unconventional here and throw out the bestiary section. Andrety's done a great job with the spawning table (needs a little tidying up, and I'm not sure I've explained the rules any better, but hey), and with that in place I don't see a reason for the old regular monster / rare monster section. The unconfirmed rare monster section is obviously only temporary.
The tables could get a little more complex in other locations, but the general idea is good - it's basically what Merthos was working on in Mojcado Castle a while ago.
Ferret37 00:38, 28 March 2009 (UTC)
Also there will be one table for each zone of the area since the zone works independent of each other Sarmu 07:03, 28 March 2009 (UTC)
- I don't think that will work because there are dependencies between the areas, at least for the rares. - Merthos 07:08, 28 March 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, I thought of that late last night. Also, there are rares that spawn based on story or quest events (eg Bai Ze, Void Intruder, Gojun) or the first time you enter an area (Seething Wing, Heaven's Lord) irrespective of other spawn groups. Or do they? Just thinking aloud now, but do those guaranteed spawns just force the spawn set that they need?
- I still think the idea is good, and yes, there would have to be a table for each area (which is not a bad thing as documenting which regular monsters spawn in which area is useful). Just needs some work, a little research and possibly an extra line for exceptions.
- Let's keep it to this page for now, continue with the logs that Merthos has started on location talk pages, and make a decision when we have more information. This page can always be reverted if it turns out to be a bad idea.
- Ferret37 10:02, 28 March 2009 (UTC)
Oh ic, I might have changed some cases in other places too.... but I dunno where... Sarmu 13:07, 28 March 2009 (UTC)
Ancient Blue is spawning in the leapfrog&flauros group. I've got no experience editing this stuff and I don't want to mess it up so someone else has to do it..
Lol, my bad, I didn't notice the map had abc after ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ Mecorx 00:46, 9 April 2009 (UTC)
- Do you guys want me to verify spawns with a table in this section aswell?...seeing as youve got some data already in the article section. Although PC and Xbox differ in some locations i think it maybe best to see if there is a difference here - Adie123 12:05, 29 April 2009 (UTC)