I just got done beating down the cyclops after the sixth base battle on the XBox360. Wiki said that he should have had about 189,000HP. But i did the math while battling him and found that he had about 250,000HP. I have a battle rank of 70, so i dont know how much difference that makes. But 61,000 damage difference seems like a bit of a stretch from the 10% variation that wiki said there could be.
Monster HP values - working theory
Ok, I've looked at lots of numbers now, and have come to the conclusion that I need to look at a lot more. What I'm seeing is :
- All monster HP values that scale follow the same shaped graph, like the ones I uploaded for a discussion on Zephyr135's talk page here. The slow slope up to ~BR 25 is always there, the slope is always steeper up to ~BR 65, and then it's flat.
- The only monsters that don't scale are rares on the Xbox.
- Rares on Xbox have the same HP as the same monster at BR 1 on PC.
- We need to keep collecting data, as there is definitely no relationship between minimum and maximum monster HP.
- There is no difference between Normal and Hard HP values on PC.
Zephyr, I still like the idea of a graph on each page so that a first-time Wiki user can see what to expect at a glance. However, I'm having difficulty seeing how we could do it, short of hand-making a graph each page. The way the numbers are looking at the moment suggests that we just need to put a minimum and maximum value in the infobox, get rid of the Xbox and PC values, and maybe make the link to this article a little more obvious. But that's the lazy way out, can you see a better alternative? Ferret37 00:43, January 28, 2011 (UTC)
- Sorry, but I don't have any ideas myself at the moment. A visual representation is usually the best way to display information since putting a min/max value doesn't tell the whole story about how the Hp scales... I'll continue grabbing numbers when I have the time. Zephyr 01:31, January 29, 2011 (UTC)
Some adjustments are needed on the code for the new skin: http://community.wikia.com/wiki/User:Merthos/global.js - Merthos 15:30, January 31, 2011 (UTC).