To get to him you have to defeat the foot soldiers first.
|Reminder: You can easily miss the requirement for a later quest here. Check the spoiler section for details.|
You have to talk to the Duke of Ghor three times after specific events! See The Gates of Deceit and Sword of the Dead for details.
PC only: They fixed this in the PC version so he has abubble over his head when there is something new.
- Four Stormtrooper unions,
- Two Special Teams,
Once you've defeated them, reinforcements will arrive.
- Four Escort Squads, inside the gate to the left.
- Two Stormtrooper unions will appear in the following turn after the Escort teams are engaged.
- One Beastmaster's Group with a Dragon will appear to the right of the gate (at your back if you go in for the Escort Squads) yet another turn later. They will not do anything unless you engage them, which you can not do once you're inside the gate, so have to leave some unions outside if you want to fight them. Hint on dragon: aim to kill qsiti first and it will botch the dragon leaving him defenceless.
Once you've defeated them (apart from the Beastmaster's Group), reinforcements will arrive.
- Two Escort Squads,
- a Tactics Squad - the mini boss for this level.
- Two Stormtroopers will appear in the turn after the Tactics Squad appears.
Finish the mini boss to win the battle, and view a cutscene. (You don't have to ever take on the Beastmaster's Group if you defeat the Tactics Squad.)
For defeating the mini boss, you'll receive a reward of (depending on the number of enemies defeated):
If you do kill the Beastmaster's Group without using Gae Bolg or Megalore, the dragon (who is called Carrot by the way) has a chance to drop the following in addition to the items listed above:
You're up against Young, the Belligerent. Initially, you'll also face:
- Five Conqueror Army: Young Division unions.
|Spoiler warning: Boss Tactics|
- 14,766 g
- Heart of Loyalty (Young) (rare)
- the Remnant Frostblade
- X360: David will request this item
- PC: Roberto will request this item